Made For Life
Aperam is a global player in stainless steel with 2.5Mt of flat stainless steel capacity in Europe and Brazil. The Company is also a leading producer of high added-value specialty products, including electrical steel and nickel alloys. Our production capacity is concentrated in six production facilities located in France, Belgium and Brazil.
The upstream R&D engineer will be integrated in the R&D upstream process team. The candidate will have to develop and secure all skills necessary to provide plants with best in class support to speed up any upstream process issues, related to elaboration and by-products management, in order to increase Aperam’s profitability toward competition.
- Leading of R&D projects in the field of
- Support melting shop plants for process improvement (capacity, capability of the different tools in the elaboration of steels)
- Improvement of product quality by understanding the relationships between liquid steel and slags (and by products) and the process
- Support the development of new grades (industrialization), in collaboration with the metallurgy department
- Development of experimental methods
- Benchmark of innovative and technological solutions (instrumentation…)
- Publication of technical reports for capitalization
- Management (technician, trainees)
- Travel business : 40% in steeplants (Belgium)
- Thermodynamics, hydrodynamics, metallurgy,
- Matricial working and project management ability
- Ability to steer external and transversal projects
- Team-working spirit and skills in communication
- Communication easiness in a multi cultural environment
- French and english compulsory, flemish would be appreciated
Education and formation :
- Engineering school in materials sciences, PhD is a plus
- Experience inc. part in industrial or related fields of elaboration and slag processing expertise.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com